Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Some pretty sick new Blackberry Concepts out
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
MCSL MCSL is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Nor Cal
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,598
Mein Auto: 330i
BlackBerry 10

"I had a great conversation today with a girl I went to university with, who incidentally was going to buy an iPhone5 using her Christmas money. So we had lunch and I asked her "Why are you buying an iPhone5?" and she proceeded to tell me that she wanted a fast browser, an awesome camera & Instagram - all of which her Torch couldn't provide. She also hated all the battery pulls with her BB.

So I told her about BB10, I told her about the time-shift camera, I showed her the browser scores from comparing the iPhone5 & BB10, and told her BlackBerry 10 is going to have it's own photo-editing software, which means you don't need another social network to get cool pictures (it's going to get Instagram too, don't worry).

After 20 minutes, she agreed to just hang tight for a few more weeks because if she can get all that, plus still get BBM (which now has voice, video & money! She didn't know!) and all the integrated messaging of her BlackBerry which makes her life easier than she had no reason to switch, she gets the best of both worlds - work + play.

A good majority of iPhone & Android users are former BlackBerry users and only left because the multimedia experience wasn't up to the industry standards. I.E. if the multimedia experience was better they would not have left.

That's what BlackBerry10 brings, RIM improved on everything you loved, and not only fixed but will lead the industry in everything you left for: Browser, Camera, Apps, OS stability. People will come back to BlackBerry slowly but surely, because at the end of the day - it's still and always will be the best communication tool in the world, which is what you spend 90% of your time doing. The other 10%, well they've raised the bar on that too."