View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 550i MSport 6MT
Yeah that is what the S.A. said. Usually it is not done by request because BMW does not like that as the DME can only be written to so many times. I did indeed take a pic of the error on the idrive with my phone, so you are right that always helps. He believed that the issue with the drivetrain malfunction and the hard starts was the fuel injectors, so they were going to have my car at least overnight anyway. He said if it called for an software update from that repair or for another reason it would be done. Anyway I kept pushing for it through our conversation and he kinda slipped with "If you just want it done it would cost about $190". My eyes perked up and I said, well that is fine with me, is that just for the time/labor? He kinda backed off from that but I ended with if it can be done for any reason, even at my cost, do it. They came out with these updates for a reason and I want them on my car. He seemed to understand.

2012 550i MSport 6MT - Dinan S3 - Imperial Blue Metalic/Everest Gray - 20" 373M Wheels