View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci
I called the dealership to confirm the battery wasn't still under warranty. They said it expired the 36th week of 2010 which makes the battery about 2.5 years old. He said the life of a battery here in FL is about 3 years. I'm thinking the battery is dying as well and I don't think the people at Advanced Auto Parts knew what they were doing when they tested the battery. All she did was hooked a machine up to the battery while the car was off and said ok it's fine. I can't get it in to the mechanic till tuesday of next week because he is all booked up. Again, I go this Saturday to get that recall on the battery cable taken care of so fingers crossed that fixes it, but I don't see where there's any corrosion or loose connections to the battery or anything. I'm also not sure about there being any kind of constant drain on the battery. I did read on here that if you leave your car unlocked overnight, this can drain the battery. And since I park my car in the garage I never lock it. I don't know how true that is though.