View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e90 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZWBMW View Post
Thanks, I think it will be a lot of fun for sure. I road race and go to High Plains all the time, I like to do a little bit of everything. I know what the BMW is good for, no need to worry about that :-)

I am not so sure on the tires, I know the suspension was designed for run flats, but the side-wall of these tires are so small and stiff, I really think the difference will be very minimal and everything that I read from guys that actually left the run flats behind was positive. This is a very good stiff side-wall tire and being a little less positive in the rear will be exactly what I am trying to do.

Making the car stiffer is not always the right thing to do for proper handling in the corners while playing or racing at the track. Many times you actually want to make the car a little less stiff, would rather have the car push a little and under-steer than be positive and over-steer.

Will be testing all kinds of things, been tuning and racing cars for a long time, this is a new chapter starting with BMW, but I know its going to be a lot of fun and I can't wait to find out what this 135i can do at the track. I will see what it can do at the drag strip just for fun, but the real testing will be at High Plains where I can really let the 135i show its true handling characteristics.

John
Should be real fun. I have the f30 and it was decent on the track / autox on hankook ventus v12. My lady's car is the 135i sport and looking to just slap some tires on and take it out on the track as well (with or without her knowing! lol). Let me know what the differences are with the changes!