Thread: BMW U.S. Sales
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Cray

Mein Auto: Porsche Macan S / SD Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW View Post
I think it is "by" design and I think its working. Audi has been #3 to BMW and MB in the US for quite some time. They have slowly caught up in terms of prestige in the market they want. I work with a lot of people that drive high end cars. There's just as much Audi metal in the garage as BMW and MB. That was not the case 10 years ago when Audi was the poor man's German luxury car. Let's face it, VW owns Audi and if they wanted to ship more cars here they easily could. Audi is doing everything right. There are plenty on the road, but not as flooded as BMW's. When every fifth car on the highway is a 3 or 5 series and then an A5, 6 or 7 goes by it kind of catches your eye.
I agree. I'm not a big Audi fan at all but it's very respectable and "prestigious" how they focus on maintaining margins and a controlled inventory, therefore not flooding the markets with deeply discounts models who's msrp have turned to jokes. As far as cachet and a premium aura go, Audi is doing well to quickly change U.S consumer sentiment toward it for those very reasons. Having the VW umbrella over them allows them to not have to nickel and dime themselves to move adequate units.
2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign: White/Black (Alcantara/Leather), PDK, 20" RS Spyder's w/ Colored Crests & Summer Tires, Air Suspension w/ PASM, High-Gloss Black Trim, Premium Package, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Blacked Out Sidemarkers, Front Tints.

Recents: '13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black, Premium/Tech, Sport Auto, etc. M-B's: '11/10/06 E350 "Sport". '02 S500 w/ Every Option.