View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 325i 6MT Sport Pkg
Personally I think 17" wheels look just about right on our cars. 18's are okay, but that's about as far as my taste goes. I also think the ride hight with sport suspension is just about perfect, and even had someone ask if my car was lowered because they liked how it sat. "Nope. That's stock."

I guess it depends on what you like the looks of and how much you're willing to put up with to get those looks. Larger wheels will mean harsher ride and higher likelihood of bending a wheel, which I've found easy enough with 17's. Tires will cost more as well. As for the suspension, if you lower it, you're replacing components (at least springs) with different ones so, yes, that affects the suspension. How it's affected will depend upon the replacement components you choose. FWIW, these cars already sit quite low, and I've scraped my air dam a couple of times in spite of being careful. If you have to use the car in snow, ground clearance is your friend there too, so make sure you consider the trade-offs before changing it.

Last edited by R608; 01-08-2013 at 06:19 PM.