Thread: BMW U.S. Sales
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Its more of a company's business model than lack of production ability. Audi is owned by VW, it has the finanial ability to open up more factories and increase production, rather if they want to or not is another story.
I think Audi just made the decision to be a major player in a larger market, that being China. They made a concerted effort to build plants and put the production into China. This was during the down turn.

Now that those factories in China are producing and selling well in China, they came back around and now are concentrating their efforts in North America. I agree that lack of availability has kept the discounts to a minimum, but I think this has more to do with the dealers than Audi - wouldn't you agree? Don't they sell the cars to the dealer at a set "invoice" price regardless what the dealer gets?

I think if you asked audi to reduce their margins slightly, but sell another 20,000 cars - they might be pretty happy. Again, just my 2 cents.