View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750i 2006 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt2 View Post
With my Porsche 911, there is a simple battery trickle charger that charges through the cigarette lighter - simple, neat and effective. I have a 2011 750LIx. I have had it for 30 months and only have 5,000 miles on it (sounds stupid, I know, but my greyhounds have me using my FJ Cruiser and not the black leather monster). I will check with BMW about a simple battery trickle charger for the 750 - does anybody know the part number and cost?????

My concerns is that I also get all the strange "battery drained" messages when I drive the BMW - usually only once per week but there have been full months I have left it "napping" (stupid on my part).

Additionally, I have Dinan stage 2 Turbo upgrade, but the car is not nearly as fast as when I got the Dinan. I now have a suspicion that because my battery keeps "draining" it may have started to shut down components as the battery charge declined.....and maybe wiped out my ECU flash from Dinan? that sucks.

any help on the BMW trickle charger is appreciated. Maybe I use that, get my ECU re-flashed to Dinan 2 and all is good? Unfortunately, my Dinan guy is 3 hours away in Charleston, SC, but I want to get it right (BTW - Charleston is a great drive/trip in my M Sport so I really don't mind getting a re-load and a few nice dinners).

I am not techical. any help is appreciated. kt
Just go to the parts counter at your dealer. There is only one charger. You need the one with gator clips. I paid about $70, after my BMWCCA discount.