View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:09 AM

Mein Auto: 750IL
Unhappy Need help with start up issues with my 98 BMW 528i

All, I need your help with startup issues which just started yesterday with my 98 528i. It has been starting just fine for years. Yesterday after I drove about 45 minutes in heavy traffic I noticed a little sputtering in idle but it drove just fine until I got to LA fitness which is cross the street from where I work. After I finished working out which took about an hour, when i tried to get to work it did not start up. It cranked just fine but never turned over. I tried 10-15 times and it did not want to start. I walked to work and came back at lunch time and tried again and started right up without any issues. So I drove to work and left at about 7 pm and started right up without any issues. Then I went to the gas station after driving about 10 miles and got gas, this time premium gas, and it did not want to start up again. I tried again about 10 times, waited 5 minutes and eventually started again. I got home, turned it off and and on a few times and started again. So I think It will do the same thing today. So my question is where do I start to troubleshoot? Fuel pump, Fuel filter, Fuel pressure regulator or the injectors? Please help me get started. I have another car which I can drive until I fix this startup issue. By the way I put my scanner on it and there are no diagnostic codes at all when it does not start up. Thanks for your help.
Ads by Google