Thread: BMW U.S. Sales
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535ix
"Yes" and "no" to the latest posts. For my wife and I, having been previous, satisfied owners of Audi vehicles (she had an A4, and I had an A6), our experience was that while our former Audi dealer did negotiate on the purchase price of our vehicles, comparable to our current BMW dealer, what made us loyal BMW consumers, aside from our positive experiences with the performance of our BMW vehicles and service, was the availability of on-site inventory to inspect and test, and have fulfilled in our purchase orders.

I don't know if the supply issues have improved, or not, at Audi dealers since the time my wife placed a purchase order for her second Audi, an A5, in 2008, which was a new offering by Audi. After waiting for the arrival of her vehicle, we called our Audi CA near the delivery date only to learn that Audi unilaterally cancelled her order several weeks earlier, owing to its inability to supply the vehicle until 2009. We were not informed of this decision by our Audi CA. When we contacted AudiUSA about the matter, it made arrangements with our Audi dealer to sell her its only A5 test vehicle, which we declined. Our other option was to place a purchase order for a MY2009 A5, at the new price-point with my wife's preferences. On the very day we learned about the cancellation of my wife's purchase order for her A5, and were informed about our "options" by AudiUSA and our former Audi dealer, we visited our nearby BMW dealer. My wife test drove a 335ix, and placed her purchase order that day, which was promptly fulfilled at a nice price. She has never looked back or regretted her decision to buy her BMW. Neither have I. Noting her positive experience with BMW, I ordered my current vehicle, a 535ix, a few years later, from the same BMW dealer. Poor supply at Audi, coupled with poor customer service at our Audi dealership, when contrasted against the comparatively superior supply of vehicles at BMW, and the excellent customer service at our BMW dealer, contributed to making both my wife and I loyal, satisfied, and repeat BMW customers.

Last edited by bimmerific; 01-09-2013 at 07:44 AM.