View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 PM

Mein Auto: BMW E90
Steering lock yellow warning, dealer name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
Occasionally I used to get those "steering locked" yellow warnings (see picture) in my 2006 325i when trying to start the car, usually after the car was parked with a tight right turn into the parking spot (hence the wheels were still turned to the right). The previous owner had the car repaired over two years ago for (defect code 3232052900) "Electric steering column adjustment ELV sticking/jammed".
I took the car to the dealer today and they reprogrammed the car. Being a software engineer I'm a little suspicious, as a software upgrade can be a way to mask "we don't know what the problem is".
Here is what the dealer invoice said: "48389 Software related did not verify condition as stated. Fault survey performed W/ISTA tester. Confirmed CAS faults (A112): CAS- ELV Fault & Fault (A116): CAS-critical status, both W/numerous fault occurrence. Performed related test plan given. Test plan recommended vehicle programming (DIAGCODE: D6100_CAS00000_90_215). Complete vehicle programming/encoding performed. Initialization of all power windows performed".
(No cost - still under warranty).
May I know the name of the dealer and the service manager 's name?

Bchuong58