View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpg.Lawson View Post
I ordered them from Rockauto already going to replace them as soon as they come in crossing my fingers $300 was my total to Winnipeg, do you recommend diy or mechanic route to replace them, I have tools and am inclined, can much go wrong in the process? My brakes are loud while in reverse now that you mention it but not at all in gear, I will inspect the brake tonight did you simply air blow yours out, was it in a crease somewhere the pebble?
The pebble I had fell off after I reversed it a couple of times. A DIY for the wheel bearings (Zeckhausen) and another one from CN90. Also, I forgot to mention: last year - end of spring I had some front wheel screech/whistle. And some shimmy between 100-120 Km/Hr. turned out the brake calipers needed attention. The rubber boots were deformed, the pistons started to rust, and the guide pins were sticking. Maybe you can check that out too before jumping to do the bearings.
TMS underdrive pullies - Stewart WP - PSS9 - Beisan Vanos seals - Zimmerman cross-drilled & Akebono Euro - Deka 649 MF - 55w HID headlights - 35w HID foglights - Hualigan double din - ACS (rep) alu pedals - Euro central storage console - Breyton Magic Racing staggered wheels - M5 bumper - M5 steering wheel - Tint
Stable: e39, e53, e46 & Tribby