View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercourse View Post
Not sure about the 2007+ with LEDs but on earlier models an intermittent warning of a dead bulb could be:

- a bulb has worked a bit loose in its printed circuit board (vibration from those bumpy roads in the Bay area)

- a bulb has a filament that has just about broken but not quite

I doubt it's your battery - that should be good for another few years unless you have had a few full discharges and/or the magic eye is black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3brian View Post
I got the same message last night when I started my x3 at work. When I got home the warning light went out.

I haven't had a chance to check yet but I suspect one of the bulbs behind the led tail lights on the tailgate has worked loose. I will look at it this weekend. My first thought was it was how cold it was outside yesterday here in NorCal, but I think super is right.
Do I have LED's or bulbs?

To diagnose and fix this, I'm thinking I just have to wait until it goes completely bad, right now I can't figure out what light's not working even when the warning light is on.

May not be the bumpy roads in the Bay Area, may be because I went off road again last month on a really rough trail.