View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris328 View Post

To me, it seems BMW is allowing "budget conscious design" to pervade into the 3 and 4 series when it should be contained at the 1 series and 2 series level. Isn't that the main reason they made the 1 in the first place? Even worse (and I hope this is not the case), it almost seems as if they purposefully have made the F30 look cheaper, as a backdoor way of trying to convince people to buy higher end models (poor man's resolution for lack of innovation in the 5, 6 and 7 series)
When I was test driving an F30 the other night, I was sort of thinking along the same lines. They had an M6 in the show room. Unfortunately, I made a mistake and sat in that first. Then I sat in the F30.

I'm still geting an F30 of course, but I sort of feel like there is a big drop from the 5, 6, 7 to the 3 in terms of luxury & quality of materials.

But then again, there is a HUGE GAP between a Chevy Malibu and a 335 too, so it's all relative...

Plus the 3's interior is comparable to the ATS and Mercedes' C class...Actually, I think it's even better. So it's very competitive in it's price class.