View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:56 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris328 View Post

To me, it seems BMW is allowing "budget conscious design" to pervade into the 3 and 4 series when it should be contained at the 1 series and 2 series level. Isn't that the main reason they made the 1 in the first place? Even worse (and I hope this is not the case), it almost seems as if they purposefully have made the F30 look cheaper, as a backdoor way of trying to convince people to buy higher end models (poor man's resolution for lack of innovation in the 5, 6 and 7 series)

Im getting rid of this E92 in the summer. Even though it is the LCI, can't wait to get out of it. I see them all over the place now. I'm glad I made the decision to get it, cause now I'm lined up nicely for an F32. Had I gone with the F30, might not have been the case.
Having owned an E93 and E90 as you do, I don't see how there is anything "budget" about the F30 vs. the prior generation. If you are talking about the $37,000 base model with its small wheels, lack of exterior touches, and small LCD screen perhaps, but a decently optioned Line car exceeds the E90 from a luxury/quality standpoint.

There is nothing "budget conscious" about the F30 interior. The materials, fit/finish are the equal of the E90, and the new design, lighting, audio system, and standard iDrive is a major upgrade.

For the most part, your typical F30 compared to an E90 has added exterior chrome, added black gloss, turn signals in the side mirrors, larger wheels, a 3-dimensional articulated grill, and a wider/lower stance. Strictly from a 'look' standpoint, the car appears more expensive, not cheaper.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®