View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
When Navs first came out (a decade ago), they definitely were slamming them into the car as an afterthought. All car companies were guilty of it. Nobody wanted to be left behind, and many interior designs back then just weren't conducive to the Nav screens.

Today it's different. Nav displays are an integral part of interior designs.

I took an f30 out for a test drive during the night, and the Nav system was absolutely wonderful. In day light hours, I could see why some people might think the Nav was put in as an afterthought. I thought the same thing the first time I saw it, but when driving, it's in the absolute perfect position as far as Nav systems go.

WORST NAV SYSTEM EVER = E46
Most people who crap on the F30 Nav placement have never used it. Especially combined with the HUD, the F30 Nav placement is much easier to see (it's higher on the dash) all the while not cluttering your line-of-sight with a massive hump.

As a former E92 owner, the old 'nav hump' is a failure in design as well as ergonomics.

You guys think the F30 Nav screen looks like a stuck-on afterthought? Try this new 2014 Mercedes CLA: