View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: 12' BMW X535i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrky View Post
So here's the update.

Got the vehicle back, seems to be running okay.

The faults codes indicated that cylinders 4 and 5 had misfires, with fuel injection being deactiviated for each.

The fix was to replace four of the injectors with updated BMW injectors. It was noted that they had seen this a couple of times with newer model X5's and changing injectors seemed to fix it. They noted that they were going to only change two, but moved the misfiring ones to other cylinders to test, so they decided to change four of them, once they took two others out.

Any one else have this issue?

Any one care to comment on how serious this is or if there may be a potential for it to happen again? (I'm not a mechanic so I really don't know)

Thanks
OP, I happened to my 2012 X5. The replaced the injector and spark plug for one of the cylinders. After that, the car was idling sporadically from time to time. For example, you start the car and the RPM is around 1300 then drop to around 500 where you feel like the car is going to stall. This was an intermittent problem and every time it occured I brought it into the shop. They did not find any codes related to the rough idling.

But the first time it happened when they had to replace the injector, my car was in the shop for 27 days. Then i brought it in everytime the rough idling thing happened. The 2012 was eventually lemoned.

[http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...79&highlight=]