View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Talk is Cheap...

Mein Auto: BMW 645ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 645/333 View Post
Hi! You do get some roll back on very steep hills, I got used to it and used the handbrake, it is also about selecting first if it is really steep via the manual mode!
My Mercedes is Iridian silver with a black roof and black leather interior.
Before I tell you what I would want for the parts I suggest that you contact your local BMW parts department and get the prices, a) the transmission pan b) mech sleeve c) some spare bolts ( you may need to mod these if you have the smaller headed bolts which is 24 bolts) d) 6 ltrs of transmission oil. Then when you have an idea you will hopefully appreciate what I would like to get for them and believe me it will be a good price. There are some really good threads on the E60 forum on how to change the oil, plus one or two on YOUTUBE.
You can buy aftermarket parts but they are definitely not the same quality.
PS I have some beige mats and a nearside front brake calliper which I replaced all of the bushes, pig of a job but done and ready to fit to another car, forgotten what other bits unless I go and do a walk around my garage lol
Oh! That's quite surprising! I thought it was either my gearbox was faulty or I was imagining things! The reason why I was so confused is because I used to own a 330ci with an auto box and it NEVER rolled back no matter how steep the hill was, it always held the car in place or rolled forward if it was downhill.

Your E Class sounds like a very nice car, I love them!!

Thank you mate, I will have a look at prices etc

I'm guessing you know your way around cars quite well? Did you do a lot of the work yourself?