View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 528iT
I just went through a bunch of stuff with my ckp. When the new sensor didn't help, I *assumed* that there was a break in the wiring somewhere.

You know what happens when someone assumes, don't you?

I bought p/n 12514592703 (listed as "adapter lead" under #8, but not shown:
).

Notice where it says, "See SI 122701000"? So did I, and even after hours of searching, I turned up bupkis. Well, almost: there was a German Language forum that showed in google results, but I didn't bother clicking because I haven't studied German in 12 years, and just *assumed* (see a pattern here?) that the whole thing would be in German, that google/babelfish would translate it as a dissertation of subcutaneous play-doh injection of stuffed animals.

Weeks later, I click on it anyway, and lo, there it was: the original service bulletin that talks about a CKP recall where the old M52 CKP is replaced with the newer, 12-volt CKP that arrived with the advent of the M52TU. Which explains why I couldn't figure out what to do with the damned thing: I didn't need it!

So, perhaps what you are seeing are the vestiges of a successfully executed recall? I dunno; I was just so stunned to find that pdf that I had to post it somewhere.