View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassann View Post
Oh! That's quite surprising! I thought it was either my gearbox was faulty or I was imagining things! The reason why I was so confused is because I used to own a 330ci with an auto box and it NEVER rolled back no matter how steep the hill was, it always held the car in place or rolled forward if it was downhill.

Your E Class sounds like a very nice car, I love them!!

Thank you mate, I will have a look at prices etc

I'm guessing you know your way around cars quite well? Did you do a lot of the work yourself?
Hi! I am an informed amateur, with help there is very little I won't tackle. Often the limiting factor to what you can do is often special tools!! I won't do much with the electronics as even though I am an ex-engineer they require more detailed knowledge. Having said this, even if you are stuck some of the guys on here wave a magic wand and will often point you in the right direction. They seem to find information in very short order when I have spent hours and found didly squat!!! What is worthy of note is because we have commonality across the product range you can look in the E60 and the E65 forums, someone somewhere has been there done that!!!
The 6 series is a big heavy car compared to your 330ci and so takes some adjustment, I know the power delivery on the 6 takes you by surprise sometimes, you can really make her shift!!!!!!
Finally I subscribe to a couple of Mercedes forums and to be candid they are, with one or two exceptions, complete dick heads!!!

Does my bum look good in this !

Last edited by 645/333; 01-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.