View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 MT
I'm surprised you're looking at an extended warranty, I'm remembering back to when you first got the vehicle and I didn't think you were going to keep it past the first month!

I purchased mine as a CPO, which is like a 2 year extended warranty. I had lots of service under the original warranty, but only 2 under the CPO warranty: replace the oil sensor (bad readings), and replace the heater fan (excessive noise). My SA estimated each job at about $600 if I didn't have the CPO. That's a total of $1,200 which I think is less than the cost of a 2 year warranty, which means so far BMW would have been ahead if there was no CPO and I had purchased the warranty.

Nevertheless I'm thinking seriously of buying another BMW warranty when my CPO expires in May, just for the peace of mind in case of a large ticket item.

Shop around! Especially if you got the $3K quote at your local dealer. You can buy an extended warranty from any dealer. I got a good quote from Daniel Dutton at Pacific BMW, check the Ask-A-Dealer forum here at Bimmerfest.