View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i after May ED
Notwithstanding my comments above, if anyone is in the region(s) I plan to visit and is familiar with those cities or the driving conditions between them, I would appreciate some detail as to why my timeline is too tight. For example, If I am in, say, Prague for an afternoon, a full day, and a morning, what will that look like in terms of being able to do stuff?

I am not a fan of lines, and I am not going to find out about stuff then go there to see it becuase it is the thing you're supposed to see. For example, I am not going to google "top 10 things to see in Prague" then try to see as many things as I can see in 2 days. I'll maybe try to hit up what catches my eye on that list, then spend the rest of my time walking around and looking at whatever looks cool. In London and Paris I knew about alot of the big stuff, so I saw it and then still had about a half day to wander.

In all the places I've listed in my itinerary, my only must-see attractions are the old part of munich, the old part of Krakow, Auschwitz, Nurburgring, the Alps, and the Riviera. I know Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, etc all have castels and cathedrals and opera houses and museums, but I'm not a guy who visits those places just becuase they're there. I'm attracted to places that have historical significance to me, and beyond that, I jus tlike to look around and see how peole live and note how it is different from what I am familiar with.