View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
Although I agree with a lot that fishful said, if you're not using the car for commuting, there is no need for snows; after all it just means you won't do optional trips for a week, until the snow melts (I can only think of 2-3 times in the last 30 that it lasted more than one week.).

The townhouse my son lives in on Capitol hill provides one parking spot; there are few other parking places available in most of the downtown core. My son's gf has one, but apparently recently got broken into and had the gps stolen (un-secured and doesn't move much.)

Downtown Seattle has the most expensive rents (averaging around $2.50/sf), although downtown Bellevue, downtown Kirkland are right there, too. Seattle is better for transit connections, in general.

BTW: it snowed in the higher hills around Seattle today. No problems; didn't stick very much.
If you absolutly do not need to drive in the snow and you don't have any place to store the winter wheels/tires, then by all means, sell them and pocket some cash. If you have a place to store them, why not keep them? It's not like you're paying taxes on 'em or anything. And if you want to travel over Snoqualmie or Stevens pass to go skiing, you'll need them.