View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
New Corvette will use cylinder deactivation. Will go from 6.2 V8 to 3.1 V4 for better fuel economy. No, no, no. I still remember the troubled with V8-6-4 concept in the '80s. Porsche has even a worst idea, shutting down the engine while coasting or at a stop (I think you can override this). I don't want this nonsense idea in my sports car.

It's still a pushrod engine. My 3.6 liter twin turbo engine produces 480 hp, 502 lb-ft at 1950 rpm
Dave,

A friend of mine purchased a brand new Cadillac with that infamous 8-6-4 engine. Before the end of the first year ownership, he was ready to take out his shotgun and shoot the engine
in front of the dealership in Dallas. They took back that lemon in a fairly favorable trade-in.

I just got a 2013 328i and there is only one thing we hate, the implementation of ASS.
Luckily, it's got an Off position. Still, whenever one of us forget to shut ASS off, it's unnerving as all hell when you are in thick city traffic. Dealer promised us to take care of it. Next time we go shopping at the BX in Ft Worth, we'll drop it off and drive a loaner for a couple of hours.