View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
It looks and sounds eerily like my experience and view of this magnificient car. The only difference is that I have two years and 30k miles and I got Michelin Pilot Super Sports at 12k miles from tirerack that my dealer ordered for me and mounted to a minimal cost. I often find myself thinking "It doesn't matter how good the new M3 is, it's not going to be better than this". I hope I'm wrong since I'm likely getting one in a few years.
There are faster cars, prettier cars, better handling cars, more comfortable cars, and certainly more luxurious cars but in terms of my needs and desires, my M3 is perfect....When called to action - the car goes about its work with grace - exhorting me to be a better driver - performance is accomplished via a feeling of connectivity. The car feels alive - I feel alive. My M3 has the power to put a smile on my face. I too hope that the new M3/4 will advance the state of the art, but irrespective of the future new car's enhanced performance, the current M will stand as a pure expression of BMW prowess.

I change cars frequently, but recently I exercised my option on my GEICO policy to extend my warranty of my M3 to 100K miles. Although new is usually equated with being better, I suspect, in a few years, I might still be learning new tricks with my old fella, sporting a giant grin from ear to ear.

Last edited by Capobranco; 01-10-2013 at 07:15 PM.