View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 750Li
Thanks for the update though that's wildly depressing. I took the car to discount tire for an opinion and they brought me back - rims are bent, 3 of them. The dealership said they'd be happy to relieve me of $2k to replace them or buy an insurance policy. The dealership sold me the car with bent rims, because I've had this problem as soon as I drove it off the lot and onto the highway. Silly me for not driving it at highway speeds before I bought it, but I was lulled into a false sense of confidence that they checked everything. I got somewhat of a snide remark from the salesperson telling me how "surprised" he was that BMW woodlands and BMW Austin didn't notice the issue. Well a little clue is that they had to bolt a 20 lb dumbbell to the wheel when they balanced it out. I'm thinking after-market rims for roughly half the price but don't know what that'll do to the warranty. In worried the bent rims fatigued other parts of the suspension or drivetrain. It's the most I've ever spent on a car, and I've never been so bummed out.