View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW Z4
Hey all ...

Well, I'm the one that did the battery-cable reset technique to fix MY electrical issues -- which happen to be the audio not working. Standard symptoms that people see with this as the HVAC issue ... when it happens when you start the car, it stays that way until you stop the car and let it sit for 30 seconds, etc. The battery-cable reset works for me for about a month or so before the problem happens again, then I reset it again and good again for about another month or so.

Well, after about a month, the audio stopped working again (right on schedule). SO, I tried tranquility's "T-Fix" and it worked! Basically, after starting my car normally, the audio didn't work. In the past, I had no choice but to wait until I stopped the car for about 30 minutes or more and then when I started it, the audio would work. However, this time. I just killed the engine, started it using the "T-Fix" (press the start button, hold for about one second, THEN foot on brake to start the car), and to my surprise, the car started with the audio working again! No way that would have cured itself so quickly in the past.

So, I think we have a viable short-term workaround. This IN ADDITION to the battery cable reset trick should help people out to minimize these issues ... but your mileage may vary.

/LesC