View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeABeer View Post
Is the 8.8 iDrive screen with NAV standard? I thought the 6.6 one was. Also, is that screen HD and is there anyway to play DVD's through the NAV DVD drive?
All 6ers in North America come with NAV and the 8.8" screen. You need an aftermarket interface unit to play video on the iDrive screen.

Quote:
Is the ambiance lighting package standard on the 05? It's fantastic, totally in love with it.
Yes, it's standard.

Quote:
Other little things I thought cost extra; the lumbar. The WB, weather band station, don't ask me why, didn't think everyone had that.
All standard.

Quote:
Weird thing is, there's no heated steering wheel? I know the button is in an odd spot, but it's not there. I posted I had the cold weather package, but I don't.
Heated steering is optional I believe.

Quote:
Blue tooth works great, but there's no way to stream music from your iPhone, right? And it says, cell phone hookup, which I thought meant a holder and outlight in the center console, but there's nothing there. Also, there's no hotel function in the center console or valet keys.
No bluetooth audio streaming. What exactly says "cellphone hookup", owner's manual? The car will pair with the phone via bluetooth but the iPhone snap-in adapter for the armrest is extra. Check your owner's manual for the location of the armrest keyhole for valet.

Quote:
Also, having trouble programming my garage door opener, didn't think that was standard either? But I followed the instructions, repeated many times, but it's a no go. Is there any trick to that I'm missing?
Programming the HiomeLink is a bit tricky. Here is a thread with info.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Last edited by Yorgi; 01-11-2013 at 01:28 AM.