View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 AM

Mein Auto: 745i
Question 2002 E65 745i. No response from radio. Help!

Hi guys,

I bought this car late last year. I have an issue with the radio giving no response at all since beginning. My screen gives me fm and am on top of cd and cd changer but when I select either fm or am, there is no response at all. There is also no response on radio in the memory section.

I have checked all the radio fuses, 2 in the dash and 1 in the boot and all are ok.

Fyi, it has got a Denison gateway connected which works by selecting the cd changer.

Lastly, in case its relevant, my front driver speaker crackles and turns off when the sound is increased. Comes back in when the sound is reduced. I have changed the driver window glass right after purchase and also had the Windows tinted within the 1st week. Now I am not sure if any of this damaged the speaker or was it like that even beforehand and the ask unit is faulty.

Please give me some advice as to what to do please. Is the radio unit the front ask unit with cd? What could cause this issue and how to troubleshoot and rectify this issue plz.

Thanks in advance.
Ads by Google