View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 ///M5
Brownie points to me for performing a search.

Anyways, I started to notice this on my X3 yesterday. Granted I did an oil change but that shouldn't be the problem. I purchased this vehicle from a private seller, and not really sure what maintenance was performed. (Roughly ~60k miles) I usually put the key to position 2 and wait to hear the fuel lines open up before I actually crank the car and it usually works every time. On the off occasion I don't do this, it takes a 3+ sec to start.

There is no loss of power, slightest stumble during acceleration, Fuel efficiency is fine since I took it on a 75 mile trip after oil change to move the fluids around, averaged 25mpg, no service lights

So, its a rare occurence but still bothers me, fuel regulator/pump on the way out? Fuel filter? Bottle of Techron? Battery (not sure if its the original or not - vehicle is 2006) are all possible fixes to prevent this "long crank"? I have never had this issue on my 2000 323Ci, and that has 102k miles on it
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 Oxford Green | Caramel Nappa | Brushed Aluminum Trim | DINAN | Eisenmann | SuperSprint | TuningTech | ///M Registry | My Progress Thread |
2006 X3 3.0i M-Sport | Silver Grey | Terracotta | AT | Navigation | Premium Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | AFE |
2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD

Last edited by jdauria; 01-11-2013 at 05:03 AM.