View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i after May ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lance View Post
Aggie says it all spot-on

- but maybe the Nurburgring is high up on your agenda, so do that, spread your time out more elsewhere, not necessarily longer in the cities but taking in some of the many interesting towns and villages off your route, and do more in Switzerland before dropping off your car in Zurich and flying back from there. It really is too much to do any stuff South of Lake Como - leave that for another time.
Can you drop off in Zurich? Because I know that a Italy drop-off costs more.

I want to see the Riviera, but it appears that the weather in May is pretty cool so it's not liek we'd be able to spend any time on a beach. I think there will be a lot of time in the future to take a trip to the French/Italian Riviera that will be dedicated to that region, as opposed to driving along it en route to drop off the vehicle.

The Italy/France leg was really just to throw my wife a bone so she didnt feel like she was jsut tagging along on my vacation.

But maybe what I could do is take my time goign from Nurburg to Zurich, then spend a day or two in Zurich, drive south through San Bernardino Pass and loop back up to Lucerne, hang out there for a day or two, then drop off in Munich and fly home...

It will be a hell of alot easier to get direct flights to Toronto from Munich than any of the ther places I am visiting.