View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 535Xi, 2006 X3 (wife
Potenza RE960AS

Vehicle Details: 2013 335i xDrive Sportline

Tire Brand and Type Being Reviewed: Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT

Tire Size: 245/40-18

Is this tire a "Run Flat" model: Yes

Approximate Miles Driven on New Tires: 2500 Miles

I Would Recommend These Tires: Yes

Detailed Tire Review: I ordered the no cost option of performance tires on my car to get the higher top speed limiter. It came with Goodyear Efficient Grip Y speed rated summer RFT tires in 225/45-18 size.

I wanted to have a different tire for the winter season, and decided on all seasons rather than dedicated winter tires (winters in my area are getting less and less snow these days, and I'm not as dependent on having to drive to the office every day). Using Tirerack, I did not find any performance all season RFT tires in OEM size with a high enough speed rating, but Gary highly recommended the 960AS RFT in a slightly wider, lower profile size.

The tires fit fine, they look good on my OEM 18" wheels, and perform very well. I like the idea of a wider tire in a square set-up with xDrive. Have not had any snow or ice yet, so cannot comment on that aspect. Tires are still too new to predict tread life. So far, very happy with them.

Last edited by BruceOmega; 01-11-2013 at 09:03 AM.