Thread: New X5 M Sport
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:45 AM

Mein Auto: 991 C2s Cab/X5 5.0i
Ktono,
I agree with most of your points. I did have the sport package and 20" wheels on my 2010 and I actually find the 2013 M Sport to be a better ride than the 2010. I suspect that is because of the rear air suspension. The 2013 does have a much more responsive turn in than the 2010. I had both Dunlap RFT and Conti DWS tires on the 2010. The Dunlap's were terrible and the noise was unbearable. The DWS's were quiet but a little soft. The 2013 has Bridgestone RFT and so far I like them. They are not directional like the Dunlap RFT so I can rotate (side to side) every 4 or 5K. This should help the noise and the cupping I had with 2010 Dunlap tires. My steering wheel was a little off center so I have an appointment to get the truck aligned next week. I will go for minimum toe in as ARD has suggested on many occasions. Can't wait until I get it broke-in so I can see how it accelerates. Right now I sense that it is a torque monster off the line. It feels like it might be quicker to 20 mph than my 991 (not using launch control)?? That thing has to get to 5,000 rpm before it really takes off, unless you use the launch control.