View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750I
when all of these modules start reporting faults at the same time it is usually power related. If you battery is pretty old thats a good place to start. The CAN bus and all the other BUS systems in the car are connect to the central gateway module called the ZGM which basically is a hub that connects all the different bus systems together and allows them to communicate. If its not your battery then the next thing I would check in the ZGM module.

I am giving you the most easy and logical place to start your troubleshooting before you go spending money on things that you dont need. A battery is something you would have to change after a few years on this car anyways so why not start there.

I dont know anything about registering the battery with the tool that you have. Most people on here use INPA or Dashsoft..both have the ability to register a battery. If you plan on troubleshooting the car yourself then do a search on here for INPA. There are lots of threads with where to get cables, software etc.