View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 X5 50i
I just drove it home from the dealership and did not notice anything out of the ordinary in stop/go traffic or at highest speeds. Although I was a little distracted with my 5 yr old daughter telling me about her day at school. More isolated time on different toads will tell the true story but initially seems good.

The rear toe was a little lower than expected but both front and rear are close or at the minimum range. The front camber is still pretty low and not at the 10 I specified but I don't think it will hurt given the big V8 as ard mentioned. The tech said that on the X5 the front camber is not adjustable because it does not have control arms...hmmm. Either way I am VERY pleased with the dealer's ability to tune it to MY specs. Others should expect nothing less.

Oh, the SA mentioned the usual survey grading speech and to grad him well. Absolutely!! This dealer has always been good to me. He did say NOT to mention that I "schooled" him with the alignment specs and discussion. For that I have to thank ARD's expertise and follow up in a few threads, MUCH appreciated.

Time will tell as to what the alignment will mean for tire life, but I feel good about where I sit. I also like the precedence that I set with the dealer and my SA.

This forum is truly a blessing to all X5 owners!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1357946344.075946.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	357170