Thread: Replaced DDE
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
So I get a VM from my SA, telling me the new DDE they ordered is not responding after programming, but that the old DDE does repond They think the new DDE from BMW is defective, so they will be ordering a new one and trying again.

IDK why, but I feel like this is the beginning of the end....
Eh, dealer is not very good, IMO

I'll bet the 'story' changes to 'we are doing some other stuff' or "puma wants us to try...' or something OTHER than we ordered another!

BMW under a PUMA has to approve everything, and I've GOT to think puma will want them to check a few things and re-try programming prior to returning a big $$$ item. The dealer probably just ran out of time, and will work on this next week- tuesday? - after the crush of Monday cars is done.

Programming all the modules in the right order, with the right settings is a total PITA. And while it is hooked up to a computer programming they do a brake job or other work- so they tend not to get back to the car immediately. As a result these things stretch out.

They dont like to be honest, so they make up half-stories. "We need to order another $4000 DDE" Right.

Dont know what to tell you....

A