View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Max View Post
I'd like to know how a broken drive belt can damage a water pump. Maybe it needed to be replaced for other reasons, but because the belt slapped it? Come on.
The belt just didnt break and flapped around and fell off. It winded around the back of the pulley.. and caused it to leak. it was also winded around the tensioner too. the wierd thing is how the belt fell apart in strands,,, its like it unwinded and wraped around everything ,,, i really think it was a bad belt.. another thing is,, that it also took out the a/c belt too.... None of the hoses were cut or damaged like i first thought was why i lost coolant,,,, water came out of the water pump.. i decided to change the upper and lower hoses cause they are the original ones and felt it was time. Im still scratching my head on how that happend.. could not pin point... WTF the deal was.. the first error i got was a low coolant ,,, then a sec later i got a overheating turn car off. i pulled over faster than u can say WTF !! and shut the car off.....( im really dumbfounded on this one...) Everything is pointing at a defective belt.. and im changing all the pulleys just to make sure it dont happen again..... and ease my mind