View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 E93 & 2014 F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
General info copied from my policy:

"Mechanical Breakdown Insurance

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) is an insurance coverage that pays for repairs to your vehicle (excluding routine maintenance and normal wear and tear).

GEICO's MBI coverage:
  • Covers repairs to all mechanical parts like your engine, cooling and electrical, transmission, brakes, and air conditioning.
  • Saves you money by charging only a small premium each policy period, instead of a large lump-sum payment up front.
  • Allows you to have your car repaired wherever you like. With a dealer warranty, you are often required to use their location, even if you are unhappy with the service.
MBI is only available for new or leased vehicles that are less than 15 months old and have less than 15,000 miles. This coverage also carries a $250 deductible*."

Bumper to bumper coverage - effective coverage - 7 years/100,000 miles commencing from purchase date of car.

Cost varies - my cost $78 a year.
Obvious catch - you have to initiate coverage while your car is still under the BMW warranty - still not a bad hedge if you think you might keep your M beyond four years - BMW's very expensive extended warranty is definitely an eye popper and a deterrent to keeping the car. GEICO is counting on me getting bored and trading the car - which is what I have always done in the past - but maybe not this time.....
That is way too low for ext warranty only 478 per year?
2009 E82 ( Sold )
2006 E90 ( Sold )
2001 E46 ( Sold )

My next vehicle would be a Zamboni