View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Festaholic

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by qadhi79 View Post
Let me tell you the difference. The burger tune or similar tunes that require you to install the "tune" by connecting it to engine electronics are actually messing up with your engine. The ECU relies on data collected by several sensors installed in the car and these "tunes" feed incorrect values to these sensors. Yes, they give you hp and torque but you get a lot of visible and invisible trouble codes during the process. These so called "tunes" do not require a reinstallation after dealer upgrade as they never actually write anything to ECU since they work by feeding retarded values all the time!

A bench tune or OBD2 tune is an actual performance remap of how the engine performs and replaces the stock map. Since tunes directly access the ECU, you get more power and a lot of torque as these tunes have the potential of changing certain values not accessible by the "retard tunes".

Personally I would never install burgertune or anything similar..no offense..they do work but I prefer getting a real remap tune for the reasons mentioned above.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
Wow, great explanation!! It is too bad that there have not been any true ECU re-flash tunes for our beloved F10 n55.

FWIW, I would still use the Burger tune. It's not perfect, but it gives you performance gains with no visible codes at a true value. When OE Tuning or any other company has a legitimate OBDII flash tune at a price point hopefully less than $1k, I will be all over it. I love the Cobb "flash tuner" design. They just need to get it applied to our step-child n55 platform.-

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/66260...t-flash-tuner/

2011 535i Sport (Prem 1, 2)