View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
I seroiusly doubt bangle had anything say in the design of the F10, simply because the F10's design is too traditional and classical. Bangle likes radical designs, radical designs are great when it works, but in the E60's case, it fail miserably. There are a few BMW diehard that still like the design of the E60, but the majority of the public agree that it was not a attractive design. To this date, when I see a E60 on the road, I try to look at the driver and see who in their right mind would pay that much money for such a ugly car
Of course bangle never actually penned any design. But he oversaw the entire F10 just like he did the E60. That's the very point. People give him credit for one but not the other. IMO as a story it showed that he had a clear vision: Shake things up with hard to swallow designs, then reveal his true plan: To cut right back to traditionally timeless virtues thereafter by heavily refining those initial designs.

Ordered: 2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign.

Ex MB's: 11/10/06 E350 "Sport", 02 S500 w/ Every Option.