Thread: Wheel Alignment
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokelizard View Post
My local indie shop offers a two tier pricing for alignment: about $100 diagnostics, then another $100 for the actual alignment, only if necessary. Might check with your dealer whether they can do it that way.
Quoting myself.

Didn't think I would be posting on this topic again so soon, but I had my car in my local indie shop yesterday for routine maintenance, and asked them to check the alignment via their two tier system since I had recently been on some rough off-road trails. Yep, needed alignment, front a lot, rear just a little, $175 to diagnose and align.

When I said I was doing this because I went off-road, my advisor said, hey, we get cars all the time that need alignment just from driving the rough roads here. See, with California in such a financial mess, luxuries like road paving are often set aside, I've been on paved roads almost as rough as jeep trails.

So I'll be looking at checking alignment annually now, even if I haven't made one of my off-road trips. BTW, as far as I could tell the vehicle tracked perfectly before the alignment, but I believe the alignment machine #'s and I'm glad I shelled out for the cost.

Last edited by spokelizard; 01-12-2013 at 06:16 PM. Reason: add a little more