Thread: Cooling System
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbay View Post
Well not going to argue, but you do have coolant pipe or valley pan problem, but there is no way it makes metal noise. You can start the car without alt belt, but in this case you'll say wp isn't working so.....
Do the pipe first and then let's talk). My mechanic charges me 200$ to remove the damn engine with tranny down!! So if I remove that mfker I can easily install oem 60$ pipe!!!! Also will take care of that alt gasket. Also rear plate is there easy to remove. Hmmm may be I'll do it this way.
Hey SF, I don't think it's a metal noise.. it may sound like it online but it sounds like a vacuum gurgling noise.. like the noise when you go to the dentist.. Also, Paper's friend has a coolant pipe issue and his car makes the same noise.. so I am thinking maybe this could be a symptom if it's bad in one particular way.. However I must say I have not heard the other guys car, so I am not 100% sure it's the same noise at all.

At $200 I would remove the motor and do the back plate, but I have to say, even with motor removed I would install the AGA pipe, I think it's a better design and with a viton seal, I think it will last for good.