View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM

Mein Auto: '13 e92 M3 ZCP
I have a 2010 S5, and I still love it, but I have simply not been able to get the M3 out of my mind for about the past 6 months. So I just ordered myself one! I have talked to some folks who have assured me that the M3 is comfortable on a long-range cruise; however, I just don't see how it could be much better than the S5, in that regard. The S5 is a GREAT GT.

Unfortunately, I have never been able to take an M3 on an extended test drive. I tried this the last time, but apparently the dealership had lojack installed on it, and they frown on such things...hey, who knew?!

Seriously though, short term, the M seems much less, erm..."gentlemanly", or refined, maybe...? One word that keeps coming to mind when I think of the M3 is visceral. It's more raw. That doesn't mean it can't be comfortable on a long drive, though, and if the M does not make me want to claw my own eyeballs out after 50-100 miles or so, then I think I'm going to love it! At any rate, I'm going to roll those dice. Good luck to you as well, OP.