View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokus View Post
I have Fidelity and they just turned down replacing my L7 amp and my trunk hydraulics. They said it must completely fail before they replaced it. The trunk will not stay up if on an incline but on level ground it is ok. The other day I was on a 45 mile commute and I stopped for gas. When I got back on the hwy I noticed I had no sound from the sub-woofers. I pulled over, shut the car off, and everything came back on. I guess since it was working when the inspector came out he denied that as well. I have to find my paperwork because I think my extended warranty covered the battery but my SA said they didn't. Little upset Fidelity didn't fix these things.
If you can put the car on an incline at the dealership (your SA should be able to do this) and repeat it in front of the inspector then it will be replaced. The same goes with your amplifier. If your subs aren't working and then when the inspector sees that they are working, they won't pay to fix something that is working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffles999 View Post
thanx gmc. Its tough trying to sort out which policy to buy. The big surprise for me was finding that my BMW dealer was offering the same premium policy as Costco but for a couple of thousand less? It looks like the exact policy, same company same deductible. I have told Costco rep to sharpen his pencil if he wants my business
I bought my warranty without a worry since my dealer sold it and my SA told me of the good experiences. I'd HONESTLY talk to your Service Advisor and ask him/her how much work it's been working with the prospective companies and how much of "pulling teeth" that he has gone through.