View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 E93/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealii View Post
From what I've seen, these head rests are okay. I don't think they are adjustable, but I think some have removed them to fit a baby seat. I've sat in the back of my car and didn't find any issue. Did you sit back there to confirm? I suggest posting a picture or try driving another e93.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Bimmer App
Yup that was me. It's not documented in the owners manual, but they do come out with a fairly significant amount of direct upward force, and then will pop back in. I had to take mine out because it was interfering with the back to my son's booster seat. He hit the height needed to go booster seat only without the back, so now I've got the headrest back in. Yes it's part of the rollover protection system. Both of the rear headrests will pop up during a rollover. If the OP hits the search, I think somebody posted a diagram or a link to something that explains how it works (probably kat).

Edit: Actually if you look very closely in my sig pic, you can tell that I have the left rear headrest removed here. It's back in now.

more pics here