View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post

On a side note. Here's the funny thing about "flame surfacing". The F10 comes off so clean and all that you wouldn't really think it, but there's a lot of complex sheetmetal curvature going on there.

Case in point: Tonight I did one of my routine "door ding checks". Saw a funny "ripple motion" right behind my drivers door (at the very beginning of the passenger door, toward the top just under the strong character line).... got fumed that it was a "ding", and then rushed to the other side of the car to see how it looked on that side....

.... low and behold, they carefully "bend" the sheetmetal very subtly in that area so the doors can align (obviously). If you look too closely, you might think it's a very tiny, very hard to see unless under specific lighting, "ding".
Wait until you clay it. Will blow your mind how much curvature there is. There isn't a straight panel on the body.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians