View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: E93 (in transit)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
Yup that was me. It's not documented in the owners manual, but they do come out with a fairly significant amount of direct upward force, and then will pop back in. I had to take mine out because it was interfering with the back to my son's booster seat. He hit the height needed to go booster seat only without the back, so now I've got the headrest back in. Yes it's part of the rollover protection system. Both of the rear headrests will pop up during a rollover. If the OP hits the search, I think somebody posted a diagram or a link to something that explains how it works (probably kat).

Edit: Actually if you look very closely in my sig pic, you can tell that I have the left rear headrest removed here. It's back in now.
Great insight - think I read your thread earlier. God to know they're removable; also the aesthetics top down aren't too disrupted (thought it would look worse).

I suspect we'll go the booster seat route. As mentioned we'll be driving on two long trips this year (to enjoy the car).