View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
You live on Long Island, no need to option your car like you live in Antarctica. My advice:

Kill:

- XDrive
- Cold Weather Package
- Harmon Kardon
- Auto High Beams

Add:

+ Heated Seats

Rationale:

* A good set of snow tires and RWD is sufficient for your climate. I've lived in New Hampshire and now Bergen County, AWD is overkill here. We only get 2-3 rough days; snow tires are just fine for the typical 1" of snow on those days. I have a second car, almost regret even getting the snow tires on my RWD 328i.

* Not sure if you are aware, but the standard audio system on the F30 in the USA is the "premium" audio system they get in Europe and pay extra for. It is very, very good, and while I haven't heard the HK system I can't see how its worth $875 if you're trying to trim things back.

* Again, in your climate, you don't need the full Cold Weather Package. Just get the heated seats and be done with it.

* Auto high beams? Unless you live in a very dark area with no street lighting, this is unnecessary. I put on my high beams maybe 2x a week because the xenon's are so damn good, just don't need them unless I'm in pitch black conditions, certainly don't need them to function automatically.

BJ
All of the above. The only possible tweak to this, if you're really set on the cold weather package, is to drop the premium package. The cold weather package automatically adds the leather seats, which come with the lumbar support. You save 3100 (for premium) - 1450 (for leather) = $1650 and you lose the ability to unlock the door without pressing a button on the FOB, but by pressing the door handle itself, and the ability to open the trunk by swinging your foot under the bumper. To me, that's not worth $1650. I'd much rather have a heated seat/steering wheel/lumbar support/leather seats and $1650 to spend on hookers and blow.

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC