View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:15 AM

Mein Auto: a car
Thanks for all the great replies. I'll touch on many of your points and my rationale here. Some options are non-negotiable to me because I don't want a stripped down car especially coming from a fully loaded Maxima. Yes I know it's not a BMW in any way, shape or form, but it has so many of the toys (which I like). I have panoramic sunroof (not avail on BMW), heated seats, premium audio, sport mode with shifters, backup camera, and a few others.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan ($38,850) ($53,725 with options) So x-drive might be a great saving point! I've only been living in NY for 5 years and 3 years had terrible snow and my cars had difficulty moving around. Never been able to climb my hill where I live (huntington) with factory tires. My cousin has G37 with AWD and gets around everywhere. This year and last we had almost no snow, so it's not an every year occuranceSo this is definitely on the chopping board but we'll see...

+Sport Line ($2,500) Glad to see no one told me to drop this

+Mineral Grey Metallic ($550) Yay everyone here loves colors!! Although it's not a bright ones and want the Estroril blue but oh well...

+Cold Weather Package ($950) Absolutely agree that I could drop this, however I want the heated steering wheel. Once I start getting numbers if I'm too high I might drop this one and opt for heated seats. Thanks!

+Dynamic Handling Package ($1,000) So if I get x-drive keep this? RWD drop this? Not sure the affect of losing this one. The demo cars I've driven both had this.

+Lighting Package ($900) Glad to see no one really disagree with this except for the guys that say drop everything

+Premium Package ($3100) keeping it....

+Technology Package ($3100) this is where I like toys... I really want a HUD. I Used to have one and have been wanting a car with it again for a long time. I was so freakin' excited when I heard they were offering it in a 3-series!

+Sport Automatic Transmission with Paddles ($500) This is probably a novelty to move so I guess I could drop this if needed.

+Harman Kardon Sound System ($875) I'll have to listen to both before I make a decision here but I consider myself an audiophile and planned on getting the best available since I am not going to install a custom stereo in a lease

+Automatic High Beams ($250) This is a take it or leave it... I know... It's on the top fo the chopping block if needed but then again its only $250...

+Park Distance Control ($750) I tore apart the Driver's Assistance Package and manually selected Rear-View Camera and BMW Config required me to add PDC. Otherwise I would have removed this no questions asked.

+Rear-View Camera ($400)just need it in a car of this class. i use mine a lot today but not saying I need one - want one.