View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: 1997 bmw 740 il
Sinaiflash

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial Black"]AS I'M SURE YOU'LL AGREE THE TEST IS NO BIG DEAL, IT'S GETTING THE COMPONENTS OUT OF THE CAR TO TEST. WHEN THESE DASHBOARDS AND TRIM ARE DISTURBED THEY ALMOST NEVER GO BACK INTO A TIGHT NO SQUEEK, RATTLE FREE FIT. SO I'M GOING TO ASK THE QUESTION AGAIN, IS THERE AN INSTRUMENT THAT THE DEALER WOULD HAVE THAT CAN TROUBLESHOOT THE AUDIO COMPONENTS ON THE 740 IL? OR ANY PLACES WHERE I MIGHT TAKE IT. I'M HOPING SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS HAD THESE PROBLEMS AND CAN HELP ME ELIMINATE THE DRAMA OUT OF DEALING WITH THIS. I USED TO HAVE A PORSCHE 928 AND I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY EASY TO WORK ON AND IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF THESE BUILT IN PROBLEMS. I COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND THE APPEAL OF THE BMW UNTIL I GOT ONE, THEY TRULY ARE GREAT DRIVING CARS. A DREAM TO DRIVE WHEN THERE IS MUSIC. I'D REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I JUST RECEIVED THE BENTLY SERVICE MANUAL, IT ONLY HAS A FEW PAGES RELATED TO THE AUDIO SYSTEM AND THE EXAMPLES ARE FROM A 2001 740 IL SO IT'S NOT AN APPLES TO APPLES COMPARISON TO MY 97 AND NOT MUCH IN THE WAY OF TROUBLESHOOTING HELP.